What happened in Ukraine this morning?
If you’re only joining us now, here are the latest developments in the Ukraine war.
1. 10,000 feared dead in Mariupol
More than 10,000 civilians have died in Mariupol, the city’s mayor has said.
2. Zelensky fears chemical attacks could be carried out
Volodymyr Zelensky warned on Monday night that Russian forces could use chemical weapons in Ukraine – but he stopped short of saying whether chemical weapons had already been used.
3. Fighting in eastern Ukraine to intensify over next 2-3 weeks
Fighting in eastern Ukraine will intensify over the next two to three weeks as Russia continues to refocus its efforts there, the UK’s Ministry of Defence has said.
4. Many feared dead under Borodyanka rubble
Hundreds of rescue workers and volunteers are working to clear rubble after two high-rise apartment blocks were destroyed in the Ukrainian town of Borodyanka near Kyiv.
5. Nine humanitarian corridors agreed for Tuesday
Nine humanitarian corridors have been agreed for Tuesday to evacuate civilians, including from the besieged city of Mariupol by private cars, Iryna Vereshchuk, Ukraine’s deputy prime minister, said.